Build Projects lined up for the 2-day effort include:
- 4 new raised beds (replacing one board in a bed), built then filled with sand, stone, compost, vegetable and herb transplants
- 3 storage bins for long handled tools in the garden room of the Community House
- 10'x20' greenhouse
- Natural fencing section
- We will be planting/mulching 200-300 pumpkins and adding popcorn plants
- Rain barrel will be constructed in steps over the weekend- Roy Raines will be doing a short demonstration about the structure on Saturday at 10:00 AM.
- We will be planting the beginnings of a children’s’ herb garden
Volunteers should meet in the garden area and bring their favorite pair of gloves and hand trowel. We will provide additional gloves, tools, water and a small lunch. The Garden is located near the Splash Park, playscape and Butterfly Garden near split at Pontchartrain and Merrill Plaisance. Look for the raised beds!
For more information on our Urban Educational Garden, our 2017 Garden Events & Classes, visit our Urban Educational Garden page or email our Farm & Community Manager, Lindsay Page at firstname.lastname@example.org.