- We will be working alongside of volunteers from Home Depot, who has generously funded the project
- We will planting vegetables, herbs and more in 10 raised beds
- Four new raised beds will be built and filled with sand, stone, compost, and vegetable and herb transplants.
- We will be planting/mulching 200-300 pumpkins and adding popcorn plants.
- A rain barrel will be constructed in steps over the weekend- Roy Raines will be doing a short demonstration about the structure on Saturday at 10:00 AM.
- We will be planting the beginnings of a children’s’ herb garden
Volunteers should meet in the garden area and bring their favorite pair of gloves and hand trowel. We will provide additional gloves, tools, water and a small lunch.
For more information on our Urban Educational Garden, our 2015 Garden Education Series, or our Farm & Community Manager, visit our Urban Educational Garden page!