Our Farm & Community Manager, Lindsay Page provided us with this update today. Here's what's happening in the garden and where we need your help:
- Weeding the orchards, pumpkin patch and garden pathways
- Spreading sand and then mulch underneath the rain water collection system
- Deadheading flowers
- Monitoring for pests
- Moving the benches from the pool house to the garden
- Harvesting radishes, kale, baby swiss chard, arugula, spinach, collards, herbs & more
- Thinning beets
- Seeding new greens and flowers
- Staking and pruning tomatoes
- Trash pickup
NOTE: Many of these to-dos are very kid-friendly. Also, great community service work for teens. Now that school's out, why not set aside a little time together and volunteer an hour or two? We'd just love to meet some new folks who like to get their hands dirty, who love being outdoors and who love Palmer Park! Remember, those who volunteer can share in it's harvest!
The Urban Educational Garden is located near the Splash Park parking lot on Merrill Plaisance. Look for the raised beds and rain collection system!