WHERE: Palmer Park near the Community House and Basketball Court
Open to all Detroit and surrounding community families.
Admission to Family Day in the Park is FREE.
Parking is also free and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Family Day in the Park event is a fun-filled event is designed to give families a first-hand look at the exciting Girl Scout experiences available to their girls, particularly girls in grades K-5.
Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan (GSSEM) and partners will present FREE activities for all children who attend:
- Families can see their girls sample some GSSEM Outdoor Education and STEM experiences available to their girls. All K-12 aged children who attend can participate in the activities. GSSEM and partner organizations will provide FREE Girl Scout programming including robotics, outdoor activities, drone flying lessons, Girl Scouts Olympic style games, Lego Derby and more.
- Special 9/11 Community Service activity to recognize and celebrate first-responders.
- Detroit Pistons will also run a FREE basketball clinic.
- Entertainment includes Mason from 105. 9FM, Detroit Circus Among Us, Detroit Pistons dancers, more.
- Popcorn, ice cream and water will be provided to all attendee FREE of charge.
- Food and Girl Scout cookies will be available for purchase.
- Free swag will be provided while supplies last from GSSEM and partners.
Partner organizations include Detroit Pistons, Detroit PAL, Nike, Grand Valley State University, University of Detroit, School of Dentistry
Website: Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan